In the heart of Stanley Park is the … Vancouver Aquarium.
The Vancouver Aquarium, situated right at the heart of beautiful Stanley park, is Canada’s largest aquarium. This awe inspiring aquarium will take you deep into the oceans with over fifty thousand marine animals. You will have some unique opportunities to get up close and personal with some of the most incredible and elusive creatures this world has to offer.
My daughter loves aquariums and we have been to many all across North America, including the Ripley’s Believe It or Not Aquarium in Tennessee.
This aquarium did not disappoint either of us at all. She was amazed and even inspired by all the different exhibits and galleries that Vancouver Aquarium offered to us during our visit. We saw some of the cutest little sea otters frolic and play around and even caught them holding hands at one point.
There are many different exhibits that span the globe and there is definitely something there for everyone. A few of the exhibits that we saw and enjoyed were:
- Canada’s Arctic – we found out that there is a ton of life in the Arctic, more than we thought.
- Discover Rays – we were actually able to touch these beautiful creatures that we affectionately nicknamed, “Angels of the Sea”.
- Tropic Zone – Sharks, Eels, and fish, oh my! Watching these guys get fed was incredible.
- Graham Amazon Gallery – all the creatures of the Amazon, brought here for us to see and enjoy.
- Penguin Point – my personal favorite.
I loved the fact that we could get all the information that we wanted through each of the interactive portals that is sprinkled throughout the facility. She loved seeing all of the creatures both great and small from all over the world, even the Amazon. It gave us a chance to spend the day together and I was able to include some real teachable moments.
This article was brought to you by Vancouver’s #1 Glass restoration and repair company Canada Glass Restore.